8 Tips to Help You Plan Your Holiday Campaign
There‘s been a lot of talk about the holidays at the hjc office in Toronto and it’s not because we’re all planning vacations! It’s quite the contrary, actually. It’s already holiday campaign planning time for a lot of our clients so we’ve put on our Santa hats and are working like elves to get prepared.
Maybe you’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to start? Or maybe you’re still in the IT’S-STILL-SUMMER-I-REFUSE-TO-THINK-ABOUT-THE-SNOW kind of mindset? Either way, this might interest you.
Use this handy check list to help you plan your holiday campaign.
- Determine your budget. You can figure out how to best spend the money later, but it’s best to start with a number and break it down from there.
- Determine this year’s goals. Look at last year’s results. What do you want to improve?
- Get the team together for a brainstorm. Bring together all departments, from fundraising to programming, because you never know where the most creative idea will come from!
- Develop your concept. What is the call to action and main messaging that will move your audience? What story will you tell?
- Find the right channels. Based on your goals and budget, what are the channels you should be using?
- List out the deliverables you need for each channel. For example, DM letter, email series, online banner, advertising, social media plan.
- Plan out the timelines. Determine when you and your team are going to create the deliverables and when they will go out to the public.
- Execute the plan. Get your deliverables out and watch the funds roll in!
Of course we make it sound simple, but it’ll take some time and dedication from you and your team.
hjc can help you out along the way with our Holiday Campaign Development and Execution Plan. We can either help out with everything or you can pick and choose where you need support. This will allow your team to focus on what matters most – building relationships with valuable donors and raising more money!
Email Emma at email@example.com to learn more about how hjc can help.
Other holiday campaign articles we’ve written that you might like to check out: