Integrating eCommerce at the Ontario SPCA
The Client: Ontario SPCA
Through its province-wide network of 50 plus Communities, the Ontario SPCA is one of the largest, most responsive animal welfare organizations in the country, providing care and shelter for tens of thousands of animals every year.
hjc has been working with the Ontario SPCA since 2009, most recently helping to build out components within their new integrated fundraising technology platform.
hjc built the new Paws & Give eCommerce catalogue website:
- New design for landing page
- Matching email templates
- eCommerce catalogue included updated card fulfillment options for eCards, Mailed Cards and PDF Cards that donors could download and print at home
- Increase branding for Ontario SPCA through online media and advertising
Email Campaign: October through end of December
- 522 items purchased from emails – 36% of all gifts
- Strong email open rates
- $16,340 raised from email alone
Direct Mail: Between Friends donor newsletter, end of year issue, Fall 2012
- Featured gifts were tied to different areas of work throughout the publication and included a mail-in order form
- $11,044 raised
Online: Media campaign, Website promotion
- 8% increase in online revenue over 2011. Look forward to increased engagement for 2013.
- 38% increase in average number of gifts per transaction
- 59% increase in total gifts purchased
What they did right
- Integrated marketing strategy: email, direct mail, online marketing
- Started promotions early
- Email campaign across a number of different email messages: November and December ‘NewsHound’ Monthly eNews, 9 part email series and End of Year Appeal
- Include the option to make an additional gift at checkout, raising an additional $1,300
Want to know more? Send Tara Irwin an email at email@example.com.