Plan Now for Your End of Year Campaign
Don’t wait to start planning your holiday giving ask! With your summer vacation booked, it’s time to start planning.
To help you get a head start, check out the tips and questions in this article. They’ll help you plan early so you stand out at holiday time – not blend in.
Re-evaluate prior holiday campaigns
- What worked for you in the past?
- What didn’t work for you in the past?
- Can you replicate the successful pieces, and leave out the unsuccessful?
Create a marketing plan
- Do you have a holiday marketing plan?
- What online and offline channels will you be using?
- Do you plan to integrate? (We hope so! Integrated campaigns yield much better results.)
- If you’re already planning a year end direct mail appeal, have you thought about how to integrate online channels like email and social media channels?
- Do you have an online advertising plan? Have you thought about Google AdWords, Facebook Ads or blogger outreach? Running holiday ads on Google and Facebook proved to be a successful strategy for the San Diego Humane Society. Read more here.
Figure out your creative angle and offering
- Is there any opportunity for your organization to secure a matching gift? Covenant House Vancouver was able to secure a triple matching gift offer for their holiday campaign last year, which lead to an increase in donations. Check out the full case study here.
- What will your design and copy needs be? Do you have the resources to execute creative in-house? If not, start looking for copywriters and designers now to book them before their time fills up.
- What videos, stories and imagery do you need to find/create?
If you need help with your holiday campaign, get in touch with us. From creating a symbolic giving catalogue from scratch, to helping with your holiday creative or strategy, hjc can help.